Our terms - Your rights to end the contract
Right under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
How our goodwill guarantee is more generous
14-day period to change your mind.
30-day period to change your mind.
Consumer to pay costs of return.
We pay the costs of return.
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call customer services on +447535414344 or email us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Online. Complete the online form on our website.
- By post. Print off the offline return form and post it to us at the address on the form. Or simply write to us at that address, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must post them back to us at the address we provide or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please call customer services on +447535414344 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a return label or to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong; or
- if you are exercising your right to change your mind.
- In all other circumstances you must pay the costs of return.
- What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a watch store. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
- Where the product is a service, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
- If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 9.2.
- In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at +447535414344 or write to us at email@example.com or Lone and Tonto Ltd, 22-26 Spencer St, Birmingham, B18 6DS, U.K.
- Your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 2;
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see clause 7.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 2);
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 60 days; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- [Our goodwill guarantee. Please note, these terms reflect the goodwill guarantee offered by AERA which is more generous than your legal rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations in the ways set out below. This goodwill guarantee does not affect your legal rights in relation to faulty or misdescribed products (see clause 2):]
- When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running.
- How long do I have to change my mind? You have until 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receive the delivery of the goods.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind (see clause 1), you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered and paid for. A contract for services is completed when we have finished providing the services and you have paid for them. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you have not changed your mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately, and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
The AERA warranty
- You have the benefit of a warranty in respect to watches purchased from us. The terms of the warranty are set out below.
- All Aera watches are individually tested during assembly, to ensure their timekeeping specifications, functions and water resistance.
- All Aera watches come with have a two-year limited warranty from the date of purchase. You can easily extend the warranty for one additional year by visiting (aera.co/registration) and registering your watch. We undertake to repair, free of charge, including shipping, any problem with the functions of the watch that result from defective manufacturing. If there is mechanical failure of the movement within the warranty period, rectification will include reseal and complementary refresh of the case.
- The following shall not be covered by the warranty:-
- damage by subjection to magnetic fields or general misuse;
- if repairs on the watch have been carried out by any entity other than authorised Aera service centres, or the watch has been altered or modified from its factory specifications in any way;
- Loss, theft, or defects caused by actions during wear;
- Wear and breakage to straps and crystals;
- Damage to the internal components of the watch due to humidity or moisture ingress from improper handling;
- Water damage, caused by misuse or failure to secure screw down crown correctly will not be covered by the warranty;
- Damage caused by lack of care, negligence or accident.
- The warranty is for the benefit of you and may not be transferred to any other person.
- Warranty returns sent to Aera must include the warranty card supplied with your watch or proof of purchase.
- Warranty terms are according to those current at date or purchase.